Sunday, June 13, 2010

Playing catch up

Well another month has gone by and we're into June already. Yesterday Isabelle turned 5 months. She is so funny. My dad had her giggling her cute little head off yesterday. She thinks Grandpa Todd is awesome!
At 5 months Isabelle is:
Kind of sitting up: If you sit her up she stays that way for a little while until she leans to far to one side and over she goes
Sleeping much better: I was getting ready to pull my hair out. I don't think I could have taken another month of getting up 6 times a night.
Eating jarred baby food: So far she loves fruit and doesn't care for veggies. Aunt Courtney boiled some carrots for her yesterday and every time she would take a bite she would shudder.
More active: I cant wait till she can crawl. She wants to go every where and whines until we pick her up and take her to where she wants to go. Yes she's very SPOILED!
Rolling over both ways: She's been able to roll from her back to her stomach for over a month but just in the last couple of days she has learned to roll from stomach to back. Hopefully this means no more waking up to crying baby who wants to be rolled back over.
Scrunch face and hands: For some reason Isabelle has started to scrunch up her face when she smiles. Its so hilarious, I'll have to post pictures of it. She also has discovered her hands. When ever she sees them she'll stare at her hands. She gets a kick out of watching her fingers move.
She's growing up way to fast but we're enjoying watching her figure everything out.

As for me and Jason... We've pretty much been busy with Isabelle, She's definitely a hand full. Jason and I still work together, although I'm still only working part time (which is Awesome by-the-way). Jason is really busy studying to get his CFI (certified flight instructor). He decided he would like to teach people to fly, until the airlines pick-up again. We're keeping our fingers crossed that this happens soon.
As for me I've been sewing and quilting. After having Isabelle my maternal instincts must have kicked in because all the sudden I wanted to start sewing. My very awesome Grandma and Grandpa Bleazard gave me some money so I could buy a sewing machine. (I would have had one already if I had not laughed at Courtney when she got hers for graduation). Anyway, I've always been interested in quilting and after getting my machine I figured Why Not?!?!? So I made Izzy a quilt. After getting the quilt top/back done I sent it off to be machine quilted on top. I got it back on Friday, Perfect timing for Isabelle to turn 5 months the next day. It looks awesome!!! Now I have ideas for a million other quilts that I want to do but I think I may have to rob a fabric store first since fabric is so expensive! :(

2 comments:

Miss Heather said...

LOVE the QUILT!! My mom has a professional quilting company in Washington and I've always been around quilting... I'm SO PROUD of you!!! :)

AND Izzy is SO HUGE!!!! And beautiful! And you're obviously back to your super skinny self! You look awesome! :)

Heidi said...

beautiful quilt! we have a friend that finishes quilts for people and is reasonably priced...so when you're ready for your next one let me know and I'll connect you two so you can get a quote!