Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Camping




Last Saturday Jason and I went camping with some good friends of ours Chuck and Melissa. They've been begging us to go for 2 years and we were finally able to make our schedules work to go.
Saturday at about 3:00 pm we headed up Payson Canyon, I was surprised to see all the wild life up there (the cows with the tags in their ears were beautiful.) I guess a lot of people like to go camping because every spot was taken. We kept driving up and up and up until I was positive we had made it to the top, which is exactly what happened. When we started to come down the Nephi side of the mountain I was afraid we wouldn't find any place to camp, then low and behold there was a spot! Now when I say spot what I mean is we found a meadow that was not far off the road. We walked back into the trees about 20 steps and found this nice open place. The ground was pretty soft and the cows had even left a some presents. I'm actually pretty sure the cows were laughing at us because i think we spent the night in their designated bathroom. We had to use a shovel to scoop out some of their belongings.

After we got all settled in Chuck started a dutch oven dinner. It was pretty good but left me craving Brett Calder's dutch oven chicken.. For any of you who have even been to a crescent park 6th ward girls camp you know how good this chicken is. ::mouth watering:: Anyway moving on. The cows tried to come back to claim their land while we were eating dinner but Chuck and Jason threw some rocks by them and they ran off in a hurry.
I hadn't been camping in a long time and there's little things you forget like toilet paper and that sleeping on a slant means your going to wake up in a ball at the bottom of the tent. There were new things that I learned too like if your pregnant your still going to have to pee every hour no matter if your in the woods or at home and that using a cooler to "lean" against while peeing in the middle of the night is a big help.

All in all camping was a blast but a lot of work for one night. I'm glad that we had a chance to get away from everyday life and spend some time in the mountains with some good friends. Hopefully we'll get to do it again soon..

No comments: