What's the best thing about being pregnant? Hands down the best thing about being pregnant is feeling her move all around. Some days she goes crazy in there and its so fun to watch my stomach move.
what's the worst? All the pains. I had pretty bad sciatic pain since about week 12 that I've been seeing a chiropractor for. That pain is much better now but its been replaced by swelling hands and feet and some joint pain.
what's some of the crazy things you've heard about being pregnant? I find all the old wives tells to be pretty amusing. I don't think I've found one of them to be true thus far.
what's you're biggest pet peeve while pregnant? People say the weirdest things to pregnant women thinking its a compliment. Just the other day a lady who used to work with me came in and when she saw i was pregnant she said "Oh I thought you might be pregnant, your face has filled out." Not a compliment! Also, pregnant or not, no woman wants to hear "oh your waddling." I wanted to hit a guy at work who told me to "waddle faster" so I could get to the phone that was ringing. grrr.......
what didn't you expect about being pregnant? I kind of feel like there are all these "things" you don't find out until you're pregnant. Like how breastfeeding doesn't come natural for most babies and all sorts of "neat" information about giving birth. These are the kinds of things that people should know before they get pregnant but no one tells them until its to late. It all makes prefect sense, if I knew some of the information I know now I might have second guessed ever getting pregnant but dont worry I've heard a thousand times how its all "worth it in the end" and guess what I believe you!
What has surprised you about being pregnant? I have to say when people first found out I was pregnant they kept telling me "just wait until a stranger touches your belly." I don't think I've had one stranger touch me. Either people are getting better manners or I must walk around looking like I'm going to hit someone all the time because no stranger has ever attempted to touch me.
I think I'm also surprised/amazed at how my body works. Its the coolest thing to know that my body is set up to house this little baby. I'm amazing at how many things take place in a woman's body just to have the baby in there.
Well I honestly cant believe how fast time is going by. Everyone keeps asking if I'm done being pregnant and to be honest I'm really not ready yet. I'm going to miss feeling her move inside me and knowing that she's safe and with me 24/7. On the other hand, I cant wait to hold her and see what she looks like. I can't wait to share her with everyone either. I think after the holidays we'll be ready for her to come, I just need a few more weeks to finish up some odds and ends. 35 more days.. wow that seems close.

2 comments:
I.CAN.NOT.WAIT! I can't wait for you guys to share this sweet little girl with us! It has been so much fun Whitney to watch you grow up, and now to see you get ready to be a MOM!
I think people don't want to tell you things because sometimes it scares the CRAP out of you. I will tell you right now though... nursing will get you, but you will live. I did (ha, ha).
For some reason, people have to give their two cents. I actually started wearing ear plugs (ha, ha).
Love ya tons!
You look great! And I can't wait for her to come! I just wish I could be there with you. Not sure when I'll be able to come up. Love you! Hope these last 35 days goes awesome for you!
Post a Comment