Every Friday before Christmas we have a Christmas party with the whole Quinn side of the family. Usually this involves getting together, eating food, doing some rendition of the nativity story with all the cousins, and then Santa drops off his sack filled with goodies for the little kids (Those “little” kids ranging in age from 4 to 20.) In years past I remember practices started in thanksgiving for the nativity play and it was taken very seriously. You had to “try-out” for your part; which of course meant there were a lot of tears shed, feelings hurt, and envying of the parts other people got. I was usually the star but, I was so good at it, who can blame them for casting me as that year after year after year. The one year I got the part of Mary I ended up crying because some body yelled at me for not getting my lines right and then told me I couldn’t be Mary anymore. That year I believe there were two Christmas stars. Anyways, the last couple of years the nativity play has just been thrown together on the night of the party. This year was no exception but it still was so cleverly done. Chase (my wonderful theatrical cousin) asked 4 of the littlest grandchildren to tell us the story of when Jesus was born, and then we would act out their version of the story. This year I played 3 parts the star, a horse, and an elephant, yes I said elephant. <-- Me as the Star
Man, they have amazing imaginations! The Story ranged from Jesus being baptized the day he was born to there being tigers and elephants present at Christ birth. It was so much fun. Acting out the nativity scene is one of my favorite Christmas traditions, I hope it never ends. Oh the memories…

1 comment:
Oh man, the Christmas party! I wish we could have been there. I would have loved seeing you as the elephant!!
Post a Comment